Lebanon International Short Film Festival "LISFF 2017" founded by Tiro Association for Arts will take place across Lebanon in Nabatieh,Tyre and Tripoli from 16 to 20 December 2017.
Since LISFF's inception in 2014, the festival has brought over 140 compelling and original short films from film makers around the world to audiences across Lebanon .
This unique festival takes place in historic old cinemas that have been renovated and reopened by the young volunteers of Istanbouli Theatre and under the direction of its founding director Kassem Istanbouli .
In this fourth edition, the young team of artists from Tyre invite all filmmakers with a short movie made after 1-1-2014 to be a part of the Festival by sending their short films to the competition. Animation, documentaries and fiction.
Kassem Istanbouli has been directing Tyre's festival and culture programmes by organizing the Lebanon International Theatre Festival, Lebanon International Short Films Festival, Tyre International Music Festival, Tyre International European Cinema Festival in recovered cinemas of the South of Lebanon such as Al Hamra Cinema in Tyre (2014-2016), and Cinema Stars in Nabateih (2016-). Tiro for Arts is currently renovating the old Rivoli Cinema in Tyre.
This year the LISFF's main activities will be hosted at the renewed Cinema Stars of Nabatieh. The Cinema Stars, established in 1972 in Nabatieh, Lebanon, and then forced to close in 1989 during the civil war, was reopened last year by Tiro for Arts Association in order to offer free cultural activities in the South of Lebanon.
"Injecting light and life back into these old renovated cinemas through our festivals gives the film makers and the audiences a rare chance to experience films" says Kassem Istanbouli. "These spaces are rich in memories, and we are happy to invite you to be part of making new memories in them with us" .
The Festival will award the following categories: Best Short Film , Best Lebanese Short , Best Screenplay , Best Cinematography, Best Animation, Best Documentary, Best Director , Best Actor , Best Actress, Jury Special Mentions.Submitted short films must be compliant to the following Festival Rules & Conditions:
1. Films should be submitted via DVD copy or preferably a Private Vimeo Secured Link.
2. Films Uploaded on YouTube and opened for public are not accepted
3. Films should be achieved after 1/1/2014
4. Films should be subtitled with English Subtitles
5. Acceptance of using shots from the films for promotional use only
6. Duration of the films should be between 5 minutes and 30 minutes (Including Credits)
7. Terms : A photo of the director and a brief presentation of his earlier work. A photo of the shooting. Stills From The Film. Poster in High Resolution Any other promotional material in digital format (brochure, press-kit, poster).
8. The Deadline for film submission is 15th of November 2017 .
You can send all the information and contact the festival for further details on: email@example.com - 0096170903846
More information on Istanbouli Theatre-Tiro for Arts Association can be found at the following links: YouTube :https://www.youtube.com/user/Istanboulitheatre
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Istanbouli.Theatree/
Copyright: © 2017 Cineklik. All rights reserved.